Mission, vision and strategy of Slovce
- being a portal for other websites on learning and/or teaching the Serbian language;
- publishing modern study material for learning Serbian language that can be downloaded free;
- publishing a map of the world showing the location and contact details of Serbian language schools (outside Serbia) and Serbian language tutors (giving online and/or private lessons);
- posting ads for activities and services related to Serbian language and/or culture;
- helping would-be students of Serbian to find a Serbian language tutor;
- giving a platform to and cooperating with all enthusiastic people wanting to share their knowledge of Serbian language and culture with others.
- inviting anyone interested in promoting the Serbian language and culture to contribute to Slovce’s mission.
Purpose and target groups
The study material is attuned to the world of children and their living environment and covers the curriculum for the main target group: the Serbian alphabets, reading and reading comprehension, writing and grammar.
The material begins with an introduction of, and exercises with, the Latin Serbian alphabet. Hereafter the Cyrillic alphabet is dealt with. This order has been applied because teachers of Serbian language in Western countries found out that children learn the Serbian language easier and quicker with the Latin alphabet. The reason is that the Latin alphabet is almost the same as the alphabet of the language used in the country where the children live.
Posters with Latin and Cyrillic alphabet
Frazice, Receptići, Listići, Srce života
A colection of recipes of simple meals that children love to eat in Serbia ('Receptići') can be found on page Download [9+] . The recipes are simplified that children can prepare the meals with a bit of help of an adult.
Listići are new issues for children (Listice_kids na strani Download [9+] and adults Download [18+]. They are giving an overview of the most common similar words in English and Serbian language.
Srce života (Heart of life) is an new issue for children and adults. It presents relatives and relations in a familty. It can be downloaded from page Download [9+].
Your Experience of Serbia (YES) & Serbian for compete beginners
Serbian for complete beginners can be downloaded from Download [18+] and is meant for adults who are getting familiar with Serbian language. The audio version of this booklet can be found on page Audio.
Various audio issues can be found on page Audio.
Attention: Use of this study material or any part of it for commercial purposes is NOT ALLOWED!
Keywords: Serbian language, study Serbian, learn Serbian, Serbian words, Serbian books, Serbian for children.